Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Matthew Sawyer's Pazuzu Trilogy - The Wasted Revision

My Pazuzu Trilogy is a millennially unique, blasphemous, scrubbed-til-Sunday epic. The Eighth Revision was the first pass in which I did not make major changes - I found typos and a few obtuse sentences, but other than those, the changes are smattering instances of migrating blocks of text into dialogue. The following four revisions were then experiments with character names and locations. So yeah, the current and last revision is the Twelfth. It's called the Wasted Revision. This last rewrite is dedicated to my pseudonym, Mr. Binger, the author of the two-volume hardcover edition of the Eleventh revision re-entitled The Waste.

* Mr. Binger has also recently self-published his weird and visceral horror stories Unction and Our Lord Weathercock. Pocketbooks available at LULU.



I hope readers enjoy the free ebook version of Manifestation - the first installment of the trilogy. And I'd like them to tell everyone they know and buy the second and third book. Manifestation is mostly background. It's where I introduce the consequences of a godless world. Emergence is when the narrative grows teeth and nails. Here is where Pazuzu is revealed and my alien gods find this feckless demon.

Pazuzu (pahzoo'zoo) - king of demons in Assyrian mythology.

Manifestation (manufe'steyshun) - indication of the presence of a person or thing.

PAZUZU - MANIFESTATION is the first book in the Pazuzu Trilogy. This book introduces the godless world of the Shur desert and the sorrowful sinners therein. Readers follow a pair of UnChosen wretches as they flee for their lives from a crime lord in the city of Gomorrah. A stranger joins the Cortras brothers, but he doesn't tell them about the voice following him. The wanderer doesn't know the voice is Pazuzu. In fact, the demon reminds him his name is Ben. This man suffering amnesia carries salvation and damnation from the desert.

Download a free ebook version of Pazuzu - Manifestation (The Wasted Revision), the first book in the Pazuzu Trilogy by Matthew Sawyer. Get it from Smashwords!

Ebook Sample

Emergence (i'merjuns) - gradual coming out as a result of something.

PAZUZU – EMERGENCE is the second book in Matthew Sawyer's Pazuzu Trilogy. This book continues the bleak tale begun in Pazuzu – Manifestation.

Horror comes to the battered squatters at Saint Erasmus once the demon, Pazuzu, finds a host. Lost in the chaos, Hen Cortras is taken prisoner and followed into the Shur desert, where he meets heathens - nomadic terrorists who crusade against the Chosen's Church and military.

Ebook Sample from Smashwords
Ebook Sample

Abeyance (u'beyuns) - suspension.

PAZUZU – ABEYANCE is the last book in Matthew Sawyer's Pazuzu Trilogy. The last book follows the demon, Pazuzu, in the shadow of the Promised Land's destruction.

Achieving its goal, Pazuzu has claimed a human body. The demon steals the frame of a boy and makes the mother a missionary. Before the old mother dies, she proclaims her demon-possessed son is the messiah - the reincarnation of the Chosen's eviscerated Mortal God. Meanwhile, the younger Cortras brother is arrested and beaten by the Chosen's military and sent to a detention camp outside Capital.

At the camp, Hen Cortras meets real-life heathens. The prisoners escape the Chosen's military and Hen joins their march against the Chosen's Promised Land. The heathen attack has already begun behind the monumental Wall and Khetam burns. Pazuzu and Benedict Gage, his heathen minister, now cross the fires of Capital in search of the flock gathered by the mother of the possessed boy. The alien gods are now aware of the demon moving through the world and they send monsters.

Ebook Sample from Smashwords
Ebook Sample

Matthew Sawyer's Bio: A few words concerning myself.

About me ... I don't have any awards - not even an honorable mention. Heck, I didn't even go to school to become a Writer - I was going to be a Fine Art Painter. Yet I had to pay my student loans. After college, I worked in Mental Health - as in schizophrenics and other assortment of severe mental disorders. All the while, I painted and sketched - and wrote stories. In that time, I speculated the story I really wanted to conjure - years of drawing monsters had spun my own mythology and I hoped for something comparable and real.

The narrative I wanted to create would fulfill a fading desire and breathe life into the chimeras I had drawn in my notebooks. That visual mythology had been collectively called "The Mortui Philosophies." I tried animation, but the repetitive work only produced frustration. So much in fact, I joined the 'sane' world and switched careers into Internet Technology. Secure, I had stopped painting and focused on a very rewarding career. After a few years lacking expression from my creative self, my Pazuzu Trilogy took its first breath.


Matthew Sawyer's Pazuzu Trilogy

Purchase Pazuzu Trilogy Pocket books and Hardcovers at LULU.

No comments:

Post a Comment